Monday, September 26, 2011

Ango 2011 - Day 23



  • Morning Zazen (45m @ 7am)
    • Sat sans the computer today...honestly was just trying to get it knocked out before the kids got up.  Probably not a good thing to be rushed to sit. Seems somehow counter-intuitive.  But nonetheless I was able to sit without any kid-terruptions. :)
  • Shakuhachi, Sewing Practice
    • Neither of these happened today.
    • Much for the same reason as the day before but now for my 3 year old.
    • My day consisted of hanging about 2000 feet of streamers.  It was a ton of work but looked cool in the end.
    • Also, while these areas of my practice didn't happen, I got to spend a lot of time with some friends.
  • Shobogenzo Study
    • Reading Transmission of the Robe and enjoying it.
    • Somehow part of me wants to crack open the Nishijima Cross and a few online translations I've picked up over time and do cross references and comparative analysis, but I promised myself just to read and enjoy...and I am!!
  • Veganism
    • So having two birthday parties in a row has made it super tough to avoid eating the cake.  i was successful but scarfed down about half a box of vegan cookies in the mean time. :)
    • My wife was kind enough to make pasta salad without the cheese as well as an asian coleslaw type salad that was delish.  
    • My wife is teetering on the fence about eggs lately.  I'm trying not to push her one way or the other, but I'm happy just that she's being mindful of it.  I'm a very lucky man.  Personally, I would eat eggs before milk/cheese.  Although it is definitely easier dropping eggs than lactose stuff.
    • Maybe this is a good opportunity to get my wife on the 'Build a hen house in our backyard' wagon! :)
  • Evening Zazen (30m @ 9:30pm)
    • Again a simple sit in the bedroom with Kannon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment