Tuesday, February 22, 2011

In Memory of Mom

My mom passed away March 3rd, 1995. She graced this world for 54 years. As I have been doing a lot of thinking about her lately and have found that I miss her dearly and more deeply than ever. I have decided to dedicate a special time of practice to her memory.

Seeking to have some meaning, yet requiring none, I will dedicate the 5 days before and 4 days after March third of zazen to her and on a greater level mothers as a whole. Their role, sacrifices and love is very much needed in the world. Many times I see the bodhisattva Kannon/Avalokitesvara as a reflection of the role that motherhood fills.

My mother was never a religious person but always supportive of my existential searching. She always said that if she entered a church the roof would fall in on her. As I continue to practice I am of the belief that her life was a beautiful representation of pure practice, pure love of life and investing her time and being into what matters. Thank you mom for being such a wonderful example.

Nine bows.

No comments:

Post a Comment